Sunday, October 28, 2012

For the Fun Friday Halloween Challenge Click Here
 
Hi everyone sorry this is a day late. In case you didn't know Hurricane "Sandy" is about to hit the Eastern Seaboard will impact 60 million people with prolonged power outages. So if you don't hear from me next week that will be why. They are calling it "Frankenstorm".. Spent all day yesterday getting prepared and working for an insurance company does not help the stress level knowing how many people will face devastating loss. For anyone in the path my best tips for things people don't often thing about...fill your gas tank, get some cash,  gas pumps & ATM's don't work when the power is out. Charge your cell phones and laptops and last fill some ziplock bags with water put them in the freezer they will help keep the food cold longer and give you extra water when they melt. 
 
 
Okay now for some Happy News
the winner of the Use Blue Challenge is
Lucky #7 KatieO
Katie email me your address and I will get your
prize in the mail to you
 
Top Three
#5 Becky
 
#10 Shelly
 
#16 Melissa
 
 
stay save everyone.
 
Karen

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips Karen....they are talking about us losing power and possibly flooding from the amount of rain but nothing like the east coast...Stay safe my friend!!
    Congrats to the winners! Everyone's cards are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all these are so cute. congrats to the winners. hope you are staying safe. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winner. Great tips:) I hope everyone stays safe during this.
    (:(:SMiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winners!
    Oh my hope that storm dodges your area - Keep safe anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe. Growing up in E coast FL I weathered many a hurricane. Temps here in Central TX are in the cold 40s. Brrr. Yesterday hubby & I rode our tandem bike thru the neighborhood. I wore a turtleneck with a shirt over it and a jacket over that and had gloves on. I had the gloves off but was able to put the gloves on while we were on the bike. Guess my balance on a tandem with hubby is good because I know i took my hands off both handles at one time. Thanks for selecting my Snowman Trio in Top 3.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winners. Stay safe Karen - Hugs, Karon

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Katieo and all the other winners!!Lovely cards!
    Thanks for the tip and stay safe!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay safe my friend. I am praying for you and everyone in the path of the storm.

    Congrats to all the winners!! The cards are fabulous :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi karen... Thinking of everyone in the hurricane zone and hope they stay safe. I am very excited that I won the challenge and will forward you my addy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the winners and STAY SAFE! Luckily the storm missed us, but I will be thinking of you.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stay Safe Karen. Congrats to all your winners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to the winners! Karen, take care of yourself:) Stay safe!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending you and everyone in the storm's path lots of love and prayers! Stay safe, my dear friend! Congratulations to all of the winners! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello my friend:) I was stopping by to say Hi:) Congrats to the winners!! Please stay safe:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen, I'm stopping by again to let you know I have something on my blog for you:-)

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/2012/10/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Karen. Hope you are okay. I know NY really took a hit. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments