Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Distress Ink Backgrounds

 
Georgiana from
asked if it was hard or messy to make the Distressed Ink back grounds
I thought I would show you how easy
they are to make
not messy at all
I start with my ranger craft sheet and
pick my colors with
Valentine's day in mind I pick some pink colors
tattered rose, worn lipstick, picked raspberry, and 
festive berries
now the thing about this technique is you never know
what the out come will be.
next I take the inks pads and 
 
 
I take a travel spritz bottle I fill with water
and some perfect pearl this gives the back ground
a pretty sheen
 
now I use Tim Holtz water color paper
and wiggle it around in the wet ink


now after the first piece of paper there is some ink left on the
craft mat and it's the second pass that sometimes make
a even better background on the second sheet I use
Ultra smooth premium white card stock
since there is less water
 
did another pair used
a little more water on this set
 
to get more effect you can spritz the paper
or sometimes if you want bigger water drops
I spritz some water in my hand and drop it on the paper
to dry them I hit them with my heat gun
then put them under some heavy books to flatten.
 
I will work on some cards with these and hopefully post them this weekend...
 
Give it a try super easy lots of fun
and any colors work.
 
 







 
 


8 comments:

  1. I'm going to try putting Perfect Pearls in my spritzer - thank you! I've been playing around with this same DI background technique lately! What colour Perfect Pearls do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the color is actually called "perfect pearls"

      Delete
  2. Nice tutorial Karen, have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like messy fun.Thanks for the lesson/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial Karen! Can't wait to see what you create!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tutorial!! TFS
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! Now I need to get some of these supplies! I have a few inks, but no craft sheet. I wonder if wax paper will work for now...worth trying once!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments