Sunday, October 30, 2011

Guest Designer Birthday Sundaes

I am so flattered and honored to be a guest designer
for
 when Kristie emailed me
and wondered if I would be interested in being a guest designer
I had to read the email twice
my answer.....
YES!
thanks to Kristie and all the wonderful designers
here is my card
it is a gatefold peek-a-boo card

started with a piece of card stock PTI Autumn Rose
5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8 fold to center to make a gatefold card
2 x 5 3/8 (two of these) one one each side PTI Kraft
1 7/8 x 5 1/4 (two of these) one for each side
Spellbinders scalloped circle PTI Dark Chocolate
Circle PTI Vintage cream PTI circle stamp PTI Tag-its #5
circle PTI Kraft celebrate stamp from Studio G
two buttons one tied with some embroidery floss
Pattern Paper My Mind's Eye Find and Dandy
some ribbon and a scalloped edge down with my fiskar border punch
cut circle in top center of  3 1/4 x 5 1/2 center this piece inside the card use score tape on the top
and bottom to hold in place
use the same size circle cut and stamp image to be revealed
glue in circle opening
I used a stamp Make a wish from stampin up
colored in with some copic markers
3 x 2 then fork the ends (two of these) they will look like fat banners they will hide your image
 when you fold the card shut
 place the banners to the side folds in the card lining them up to hide your center image
use score tape right side up so when you shut the card the banners will adhere to the sides
of the card
here is a little video

16 comments:

  1. Great card Karen! Nice design and paper!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GD spot at Birthday Sundae's!! Nice card Karen! Love your paper you used along with that pretty dotted ribbon. Very pretty!

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool card! The paper is very pretty! I love the buttons on the front and the border punch too! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your GD spot.Great card,love the papers Karen.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being a GD! Beautiful card, I love how you designed the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card Karen, will you talk in your next video please I want to pretend I'm right there with ya...LOl
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh what a really fun card!! :) I love the colors! Thanks so much for being a Birthday Sundaes Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card! I love the fold and pretty papers. Great job on the Guest design this week :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is fantastic, love the papers and colors, congrats on GD!

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Love the paper that you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. Love the colors and that pattern paper. Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card!!! I love gate fold cards and this one is so pretty!
    Thanks for being a GD for us at Birthday Sundaes!!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your DT spot at Birthday Sundaes, Karen! This card is so fabulous! The papers you used are gorgeous and I love the gate-fold! Awesome card!! :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Karen...love the gate fold and the peek-a-boo surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Especially like the way the inside of card compliments the outside of teh wonderful card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments