Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Craft Spot Design Team Call

Kimberly at
My Craft Spot
is having a DT call
Requirements:
 
1. Your project must be new for this design team call. 
2. You can't be currently serving on a design team that sells products similar to mine (stamp sets and crinkle ribbon)
3. You must have a blog that you regularly update.
4.  No design team experience necessary!  :)
5.  You must be able to commit to a 6 month term.
6.  With the project you are submitting, please post on your blog:
 
  • more pictures of your project
  • instructions telling how you made your project (recipe)
  • A link back to My Craft Spot to let everyone know you are trying out for this design team!
I Love Kimberly and her blog she is so talented it's an honor just to be considered.
So here is what I made this is an A2 Card 4.25x5.5 Dark Chocolate card stock from Papertrey Ink first mat is 4x5.25 Papertrey Ink Vintage cream next is Papertrey Ink ripe avocado 3.75x5. I embossed this with my cuttlebug Birds & Swirls I inked this layer with Jenni Bowlin Brown Sugar. I took piece of kraft card stock and ran it though my fiskar crimper, I tore the the size I wanted and inked the edges with some brown colorbox ink. The leaf is cut with Stretch your Imagination at 3 1/2 inches. I cut this with ripe avocado three times and glued them together to make a thicker leaf almost chipboard weight then I put some tombow glue lightly on both sides. I wrapped the leaf with Vintage Cherry bakers twine that I got from My Craft Spot  I took some brown cotton candlewick yarn and added this to look like veins. Next I tool some vintage black twine and put that in modge podge and wrapped it around a plastic knitting needle let it dry and then pulled it off to make the curls added a button from Papertrey Ink autumn mix and a little rustic jute button twine 
Thanks Kimberly


12 comments:

  1. Love your card, Karen!! Great attention to detail with your leaf. Good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Karen.Love how you made the leaf.Good luck,you would be a real inspiration on the DT.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Karen! Good luck with the design team call!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, very inventive. Good luck on the DT submission.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Karen! Good luck with the DT call!!!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the rustic look to the card. Wish you the best with DT submission.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is fabulous, Karen!! Wrapping the leaf with twine was genius! All of the details on this card are stunning! GOOD LUCK with the DT call!!

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic! I love the way you added veins to your leaf! They look so real!
    Good luck with the My Craft Spot Design Team call!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Best of Luck. I'm a hopeful too ;) New follower.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Awesome job with that leaf!! Good luck with the DT Call!

    Jamie
    Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I love all of the fun things you did with the twine - especially the modge podge!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments