Wednesday, May 25, 2011

many thanks PT ink Blog Hop

I started with my 1" punch and two pattern papers from Papertrey ink guidelines
14 of each color and glued them back to back and inked the edges
with French Lilac

next I rolled the edges in a little on each side
then folded in thirds
 glued all petals down to a larger base circle
I free hand cut the stems and leaves
Finished the flower with a PT ink Vintage buttons
Spring Mix
placed on A2 Card PT ink kraft card stock
first mat plum pudding
second mat from Father knows best
third mat from Everyday Blessings
I machine stitched all the layers
last a banner cut from Lemon Tart
stamped with French Lilac and many thanks
from Fillable frames #1 stamp set
tiny bow rustic jute button twine

22 comments:

  1. Hello my friend Karen. This is wonderful would you mind traveling to my house and helping me make one of these. :) wouldn't that just be so much fun.
    Have a good day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun flower!! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool flower- I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh what a fun flower!! You did a super job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool flower you made! Love the colors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an awesome job on this fun flower! i just do not have the patience! I love that you had a small tutorial on making them~

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative!
    Love that idea!
    Fabby card...
    love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen I really like your flower technique! I'm going to have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wauw, pretty! Love that flower you made! Looks awesome!! Great card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, your flower is just so clever and FABULOUS! PRETTY card! Nice stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this flower before but not with the rolled edges. Love the way it looks. Great colors too.
    Thanks so much for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great flower! Thanks for showing how you made it too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this flower, great freehand stem and leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable! I'll be back to look at these directions again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous flower & card -- LOVE it!!! TFS your directions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pattern paper to build your lovely flower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty- I will have to try this technique! Also like the machine stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful flower! Thanks for showing how to do that, I'll definitely be giving it a try. Lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card and your handmade flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a creative way to build up a flower!!! This makes a super cute one!
    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!
    Greetings from Austria!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments